The Steam Deck is a portable gaming PC that uses the Steam operating system.
Valve’s new Steam Deck allows you to play 1,000+ games from their online Steam game store. While this handheld gaming PC was designed to play games purchased through Steam, gamers may be interested in buying titles from other websites and playing them on the Steam Deck.
Microsoft and Valve have been working together to add Xbox Game Pass support to Steam Deck. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers who also own a Steam Deck will be able to try out this new functionality through the Microsoft Edge Beta.
Microsoft Edge won’t be automatically installed on Steam Deck. You will need to set up the Microsoft Edge for Linux Beta yourself. Then you can rename the Edge icon and change its artwork.
As Microsoft explains on its support page, you’ll have to work through some minor command line work, but it’s not too complicated. Here’s how to play Xbox Game Pass Cloud Games on your Steam Deck.
- First, enable Steam’s Desktop Mode
- Install the Microsoft Edge Beta through the Discover app
- Now Right-Click on Microsoft Edge and select Add to Stream
- Now go to System and then to konsole
- Enter this command in Konsole
- flatpak –user override –filesystem=/run/udev:ro com.microsoft.Edge
- Now locate to Microsoft Edge Beta
- Open its properties by right-clicking on it
- Now navigate to its Launch Options
- Add this to the end of the already text written
- –window-size=1024,640 –force-device-scale-factor=1.25 –device-scale-factor-1.25 –kiosk “https://www.xbox.com/play”
Now get back into the gaming mode and launch the Microsoft Edge Beta and you’ll be in the Game Pass Cloud Gaming menu.
Xbox Cloud Gaming is now ready to use!
It should take less than 30 minutes and you’ll be able to play Xbox Game Pass Cloud Games on your Steam Deck.
Now Enjoy Playing!