No Man’s Sky is an immensely popular game that offers an expansive and thrilling space exploration experience. However, like any other PC game, it can encounter technical issues that may hamper the gameplay. Some common problems include lagging, stuttering, freezing, locking up, hanging, multiplayer issues, co-op not working, and frozen loading screens. These issues can be frustrating for players, but fortunately, there are some solutions that can help resolve them. In this article, we will explore some simple troubleshooting steps that can potentially fix these problems and allow players to enjoy a smoother and more enjoyable gaming experience.
Solution 1: Check Your Internet Connection for any Issues
To fix coop not working on No Man’s Sky, it’s important to examine your internet connection.
Here are 5 steps to troubleshoot any connection issues:
- Check Wi-Fi signal strength: Move closer to your Wi-Fi router ensuring the connection is not unstable.
- Test internet speed: Use a reliable tool like SpeedTest.net to measure your internet speed. If the speed is slow or below the recommended requirements for No Man’s Sky, contact your internet service provider to address the issue.
- Restart your networking devices: Turn off your Wi-Fi router and cable modem, then wait for a few seconds(20) before turning them back on.
- Minimize bandwidth usage: Make sure no other devices or applications on your network are consuming excessive bandwidth while playing Diablo 4.
- Consider a wired connection: If possible, connect your gaming device directly to the router using an Ethernet cable. Wired connections tend to be more stable and reliable for online gaming.
If these connection fixes don’t work, you can try resetting your network settings on Windows 11/10/7 to potentially address multiplayer issues issues.
Solution 2: Clear DNS Cache and Data on PC
DNS translates website names into computer-readable IP addresses. Windows 11 stores DNS data to speed up website access, but this cache can become outdated or corrupted, causing issues.
Clearing the cache forces your computer to get the most recent data from DNS, fixing issues with website access or slow browsing.
Here’s how to clear DNS cache?
- Click on the Windows start icon in the bottom left corner.
- Then press the Windows key + R.
- The Run box will appear.
- Type cmd, and click on OK.
- Then on the cmd window, enter the following commands: (Note: Type the following commands, and hit Enter after every command)
- Close the window.
Solution 3: Update No Man’s Sky
For critical errors like locking up, publishers release updates for an optimized and smooth gaming experience. It’s wise to check for any update released before troubleshooting other possible issues.
Playing with outdated versions can also lead to technical glitches, compatibility issues, or even missing out on new content. Here’s how to keep any game updated using its dedicated launcher:
Open the Game Launcher and from its settings locate “Update” Options. Either enable automatic updates or do a manual update if there are any. Restart the Launcher and check if you are still facing multiplayer issues.
Solution 4: Close Intensive/Unwanted Programs Or Settings
Your game/PC can be set to maximum performance, try running the game on lower settings to consume fewer resources. This can include:
- A lower resolution(From 4k to 1080p or 1080p to 720p)
- A lower frame rate (try playing at 60Hz)
Closing unwanted programs will help you eliminate the frozen Loading Screen issue on your PC as your game would be able to get the required resources from Windows 11/10.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Resources, usually indicated by a darker background
- Right-click on that program and select End task
Now check if the multiplayer issues is solved or not.
Solution 5: Try Enabling/Disabling VPN while playing No Man’s Sky
Still running into freezing error on Windows 11/10/7?
If you’ve got a VPN on, try turning it off to see if it makes a difference. If it’s off, switch it on and check again. But heads up! Don’t jump between too many regions; you don’t want to get blocked.
Remember, the right VPN can be a game-changer.
Solution 6: Add Game Exceptions on Antivirus PC
Sometimes antivirus thinks game files are bad guys and stops them, causing the multiplayer issues.
To fix this, tell your antivirus that No Man’s Sky files are cool by adding them to the “exceptions” list. This way, you can play without the antivirus messing things up!
Follow the steps below to add an exception on Antivirus (This guide is for Avast, and would be similar for other antiviruses):
- Launch Avast on your PC.
- Select Menu at the top-right corner of Avast.
- Choose Settings from the menu.
- From the left sidebar, choose General > Exceptions
- Click ADD EXCEPTION and then type the URL you want to add to it.
- Click ADD EXCEPTION to save the URL and check if you can access the URL
If you are still facing Avast Blocking Websites, continue to the next solution.
Solution 7: Check if Windows or Any Driver is Outdated
Sometimes compatibility issues can be a reason for continuous No Man’s Sky hanging on Windows 11/10.
Often, it’s all about the updates. First off, head to your Windows settings and see if there’s an update waiting. While you’re on this updating spree, dive into your device manager and update your Wi-Fi drivers and update graphics drivers making sure they are on the latest versions.
These updates can make a big difference, fixing a lot of errors.
Solution 8: Contact No Man’s Sky Support
Tried everything and that game error’s still bugging you?
As a last resort, head to the No Man’s Sky’s official website and click ‘Support’ or ‘Contact’. Send them an email, jump into live chat, or post in their official forums.
Share what’s happening and any error messages. Remember to double-check you’re on the official site. Sometimes, reaching out is the best way to get back to gaming!
Stay smart and game on!
In conclusion, No Man’s Sky provides an immersive gaming experience, but technical issues can sometimes disrupt the fun. Lagging, freezing, multiplayer issues, and other problems can be frustrating, but by following some simple steps, players can potentially resolve these issues. Checking the internet connection, clearing DNS cache, updating the game, closing unnecessary programs, enabling/disabling VPN, adding game exceptions on antivirus software, and ensuring that Windows and drivers are up to date are some of the troubleshooting methods that can be tried. However, if the issues persist, it is recommended to reach out to No Man’s Sky support for further assistance. By implementing these solutions or seeking support when needed, players can overcome the technical hurdles and fully enjoy the captivating world of No Man’s Sky.