Sometimes it’s impossible to take pictures without capturing unwanted objects. Arming yourself with knowledge on removing photo backgrounds will go a long way. For instance, you can easily eliminate unnecessary elements in your image without spending a dime. Or, better yet, help an image blend in with your existing background to create a perfect design.
Read on for guidance on removing the background from a photo. Learn a few tips on what to consider when searching for a needed tool as well.
How to remove the background from an image online?
Removing the background from an image can be stressful and time-consuming, especially if you don’t know how to do it. However, you can easily make a transparent picture, even if you are new to graphic design; all with the help of these online tools:
- Depositphotos background remover
- Adobe Spark
- PhotoScissors background remover
Remove backgrounds for free with the Depositphotos tool
The Depositphotos background remover is a free online tool that fully taps into the power of Artificial Intelligence to process images automatically. It doesn’t require any editing expertise. Besides, it takes less than a minute to remove backgrounds, no matter how detailed your photos are.
How to use it:
- Visit https://depositphotos.com/bgremover.html to access the tool.
- Upload your image by clicking on the “Upload Image” button or drag and drop your file.
- Wait a few seconds for the AI to automatically remove your photo background.
- Use “Restore” and “Erase” brushes to edit details.
- Create a free account and download your final image with a transparent background in PNG format.
Remove a picture background using Remove.bg
Remove.bg is another online tool that helps remove unwanted backgrounds for free. However, if you wish to get the image in lossless quality, you need to buy a subscription. This beginner and expert-friendly tool use AI-powered technology to detect foreground layers and automatically separate them from the background.
Follow these steps to remove backgrounds from your images:
- Open Remove.bg in your browser.
- Upload your photo by clicking the “Upload Image” button, dropping your file directly onto the page, or pasting the photo’s URL in the box.
- Wait a few seconds before checking the result preview.
- Edit your image to your liking by adding a new background or using the “Erase” and “Restore” brushes to fix the edges.
- Click on the top “Download” button to save your free results with 0.25 megapixels quality.
Remove backgrounds with Adobe Spark
Adobe Spark offers both free and subscription-based background removal services. It is suited for both beginner and professional designers. The tool features various editing instruments to manipulate images, build websites, or even create videos. Adobe Spark is ideal for quickly editing backgrounds without any hassle.
This background removal tool is best suited for images where the subject has clear edges without overlaps.
Here’s the usage procedure for Adobe Spark:
- Create an Adobe account.
- Upload the image you want to work on by clicking on “Photos,” then “Upload Photo.”
- Select the uploaded image.
- Go to the panel on the right side and search for the “Remove Background” option. Click on it, and Adobe Spark will automatically remove the background from the photo.
- Click on the “Download” button to save the complete photo, or directly share it to your socials by clicking on the “Share” button right next to the “Download” one.
Remove white or colored backgrounds with Pixlr
Pixlr is a free online editing platform that allows you to remove backgrounds from either one or multiple photos at once. In addition, the tool comes with a variety of functionalities that help you fine-tune your image for perfect results. Being an AI-powered instrument, Pixlr allows you to declutter a photo background automatically.
Follow this procedure to remove white and colored BGs for free:
- Go to the Pixlr background remover website.
- Scroll down and click on the “Remove BG” section.
- Click on the “Open Image” button and choose a file from your device.
- Wait for Pixlr to process the file automatically.
- Fine-tune the result using the “Draw,” “Magic,” “Shape,” and “Lasso” tools.
- Click the “Download” button to save the backgroundless image.
Remove backgrounds with PhotoScissors
PhotoScissors is a simple and easy-to-use tool that works with complicated images or semi-transparent objects like hair. It comes with extra built-in instruments that you can use to perfect your results. It has both free and premium versions.
Here’s how to use it:
- Open the PhotoScissors website.
- Click the “Upload Image” button and select your file.
- Compare the original and background-free image after PhotoScissors automatically processes the picture.
- Use the editing instruments to fine-tune results.
- Click on the “Download” button to save your image as a PNG file.
What should you look out for when choosing a background remover?
There are many background removers on the web, promising to deliver the best possible results. Here are a few things to look out for when choosing a tool that fits your needs.
Working with a slow tool, you lose time that you could have spent on more important creative tasks. Depending on how many images you intend to work on, you should settle for the tool that helps you edit quickly and delivers HD results.
You can either remove the background for free or pay for the service. Most free applications will give you good results, eliminating the need to go premium. However, in most cases, paid removal tools like Adobe Spark require you to buy a subscription to download edited images. If you have to go for a paid tool, settle for one that gives you satisfactory results at the lowest cost.
Security may not be your primary concern if you are just getting started. However, you may want to work with a provider who ensures your photos are well protected from any third parties. Great platforms safeguard user data with SSL encryption and auto-delete the processed files after some time.
Thanks to the many online editing tools, removing backgrounds from images is no longer a daunting task. The tools mentioned above are more than enough to get the job done. Try them out for impeccable results.