War Thunder is an exhilarating game that allows players to experience intense battles in a realistic and immersive environment.
However, like any other game, it is not uncommon to encounter errors that prevent you from starting the game or app on your PlayStation 5 (PS5) console.
Two common errors that players may encounter are error 100096-6 and CE-107891-6. These errors can be frustrating, but fear not, as there are several solutions that can help you resolve these issues and get back to enjoying War Thunder.
In this article, we will discuss four possible solutions to these errors: updating your PS5 firmware, deleting and reinstalling the game, restarting your console, and contacting PS5 support.
Let’s dive in and find the solution that works best for you.
Solution 1: Update Your PS5 Firmware
Sony releases new updates regularly to remain up-to-date with upcoming bugs and issues users face either while playing War Thunder or some random bugs.
It’s highly recommended to have updated PS5 firmware. You can enable automatic updates and check for them manually as well.
There are 2 ways to update PS5 firmware:
- Through USB
This way you would need to download the update over the internet into a USB which is an inconvenient way than PlayStation updating itself.
- Through Internet
PlayStation searches for an update itself, downloads it, and installs it for you.
By default, automatic updates are enabled, and in case you are not sure, here’s how you can check if there’s a new update available and how to enable automatic updates on PS5 too using PS5 UI.
NOTE: Make sure the PS5 is connected to the internet.
- From the PS5 homepage, access Settings from the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Go to System
- Click on System Software from the left menu and choose the second option: System Software Update and Settings
- From the 2 options, select Update Using Internet.
- Now, wait for the system to check for updates and if it’s updating don’t try to turn off your PS5. In this case, the PS5 was already up-to-date.
Your PS5 should be with its latest update by now, and you can try running War Thunder to see if it’s still can’t start app.
And if you want a video guide, here’s a quick video to update your PS5:
Solution 2: Delete and Reinstall War Thunder
The game file itself can be a suspected issue too and we can only know by deleting and reinstalling it. You’d have to sacrifice your time and internet speed for a while but let’s hope you resolve War Thunder after this.
To reinstall War Thunder, follow the steps below:
- Go to PS5 settings.
- Scroll down to Select Storage.
- Then select Console storage from the left sidebar and go to Games and Apps in the expanded menu.
- Now you will see a list of installed games and applications where you will select War Thunder from the game list and press the Delete button at the bottom right.
- Once your game is deleted, you need to reinstall it. If it’s a disc you own, you would directly insert it, else if you have purchased a digital edition, you need to go to Game Library (last option) from the Games home screen
- Select Your Collection from the three options under Game Library to search for your game and download it.
Some options can be difficult to navigate, so we have created a video for your ease where we delete a game and reinstall it.
Solution 3: Restart PlayStation 5
Whenever you encounter error 100096-6 on War Thunder or even if it’s a game bug/glitch, you should try restarting your PS5.
Restarting the console will eliminate any temporary errors/glitches occurring due to the old/corrupted cache.
So, here is how you can restart your PS5:
- Press the PlayStation (PS) button on your controller.
- From the menu shown, Select the Power option (right-most)
- From the small menu that will appear on the power icon, select the last option “Restart PS5”
- While your PS5 restarts, don’t unplug any cord to avoid any hardware failure.
Here’s a supporting video to restart PS5 for your ease:
Solution 4: Contact PS5 Support
If none of the above solutions work for you then there might be a chance that your PS5 has issues.
You can visit the PlayStation Official Website to get it repaired and choose the relevant issue which in your case would be according to can’t start game.
Make sure you tell all the solutions you have applied to your console and let them know the issue you are facing is due to War Thunder. This will help the support agent to identify the main reason for this error. They should reply to you ideally within 24 hours and if you don’t get any reply within 2-3 days, then you might need to make another support ticket.
In conclusion, encountering errors such as 100096-6 and CE-107891-6 can be quite frustrating, especially when you’re eager to jump into the thrilling world of War Thunder on your PS5 console.
Luckily, there are solutions available to help you overcome these issues and get back to playing the game smoothly. Whether it’s updating your PS5 firmware, deleting and reinstalling the game, restarting your console, or seeking support from the PS5 team, these solutions can often resolve the errors and allow you to enjoy the game without any further hindrances.
Remember to follow the suggested steps carefully and reach out to PS5 support if needed. Now, it’s time to conquer the skies and engage in epic battles in War Thunder!