If you’re experiencing issues with starting a game or app on your PlayStation 5 (PS5) console,
Don’t worry! You’re not alone.
Sometimes, errors like Viewfinder error 100096-6, can prevent you from launching your favorite games or apps, which can be frustrating.
However, there are simple solutions that can help you get back to gaming in no time. In this article, we’ll walk you through some easy steps to troubleshoot and resolve these errors.
So, let’s get started and have you back in the gaming world again!
Solution 1: Update Your PS5 Firmware
Sony releases new updates regularly to remain up-to-date with upcoming bugs and issues users face either while playing Viewfinder or some random bugs.
It’s highly recommended to have updated PS5 firmware. You can enable automatic updates and check for them manually as well.
There are 2 ways to update PS5 firmware:
- Through USB
This way you would need to download the update over the internet into a USB which is an inconvenient way than PlayStation updating itself.
- Through Internet
PlayStation searches for an update itself, downloads it, and installs it for you.
By default, automatic updates are enabled, and in case you are not sure, here’s how you can check if there’s a new update available and how to enable automatic updates on PS5 too using PS5 UI.
NOTE: Make sure the PS5 is connected to the internet.
- From the PS5 homepage, access Settings from the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Go to System
- Click on System Software from the left menu and choose the second option: System Software Update and Settings
- From the 2 options, select Update Using Internet.
- Now, wait for the system to check for updates and if it’s updating don’t try to turn off your PS5. In this case, the PS5 was already up-to-date.
Your PS5 should be with its latest update by now, and you can try running Viewfinder to see if it’s still can’t start game.
And if you want a video guide, here’s a quick video to update your PS5:
Solution 2: Delete and Reinstall Viewfinder
The game file itself can be a suspected issue too and we can only know by deleting and reinstalling it. You’d have to sacrifice your time and internet speed for a while but let’s hope you resolve Viewfinder after this.
To reinstall Viewfinder, follow the steps below:
- Go to PS5 settings.
- Scroll down to Select Storage.
- Then select Console storage from the left sidebar and go to Games and Apps in the expanded menu.
- Now you will see a list of installed games and applications where you will select Viewfinder from the game list and press the Delete button at the bottom right.
- Once your game is deleted, you need to reinstall it. If it’s a disc you own, you would directly insert it, else if you have purchased a digital edition, you need to go to Game Library (last option) from the Games home screen
- Select Your Collection from the three options under Game Library to search for your game and download it.
Some options can be difficult to navigate, so we have created a video for your ease where we delete a game and reinstall it.
Solution 3: Restart PS5
Whenever you encounter can’t start game/app on Viewfinder or even if it’s a game bug/glitch, you should try restarting your PS5.
Restarting the console will eliminate any temporary errors/glitches occurring due to the old/corrupted cache.
So, here is how you can restart your PS5:
- Press the PlayStation (PS) button on your controller.
- From the menu shown, Select the Power option (right-most)
- From the small menu that will appear on the power icon, select the last option “Restart PS5”
- While your PS5 restarts, don’t unplug any cord to avoid any hardware failure.
Here’s a supporting video to restart PS5 for your ease:
Solution 4: Contact PS5 Support
If none of the above solutions work for you then there might be a chance that your PlayStation 5 has issues.
You can visit the PlayStation Official Website to get it repaired and choose the relevant issue which in your case would be according to can’t start game/app.
Make sure you tell all the solutions you have applied to your console and let them know the issue you are facing is due to Viewfinder. This will help the support agent to identify the main reason for this error. They should reply to you ideally within 24 hours and if you don’t get any reply within 2-3 days, then you might need to make another support ticket.
In conclusion, encountering errors like Viewfinder error 100096-6, CE-100096-6, and CE-107891-6 can be disappointing when you’re eager to dive into your favorite games or apps on your PS5.
However, with the solutions we’ve outlined, you can easily overcome these issues. Remember to keep your PS5 firmware updated, try deleting and reinstalling the game or app causing the problem, and don’t underestimate the power of a simple restart.
If all else fails, reach out to the support team at PlayStation for further assistance. Now go ahead, follow these steps, and let the gaming fun begin!