Are you experiencing screen flickering, tearing, or flashing issues while playing Shadow Samurai Revenge on your PlayStation 5? These problems can be quite frustrating, but fret not! In this article, we will explore some simple solutions that can help you resolve these annoying display problems.
Whether it’s checking your HDMI cables and ports or updating your PS5 firmware, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s delve into the solutions and get you back to enjoying your gaming experience without any screen disturbances!
Solution 1: Check Your HDMI Cables and HDMI Ports
Change your HDMI cables because the PlayStation 5 screen tearing can be due to a hardware issue besides PS5 software.
Make sure you use 2.1 HDMI cables or sometimes labeled as High Speed.
Let’s check if your PlayStation 5 cables are faulty and if they are the cause of the flashing display
- Unplug your HDMI cables from the back of your both TV and PlayStation 5.
- If you are thinking of buying a new one, first try switching the ends of HDMI cables.
- Plugin the HDMI cable of your PS5 into your TV and vice versa.
And if this didn’t work then unplug the power cable of your TV from the switch for 1 minute and then plug it back in.
Also, check if your cable is worn out or broken at some point then buy a new one.
Solution 2: Restart PlayStation 5
Whenever you encounter a screen flashing on Shadow Samurai Revenge or even if it’s a game bug/glitch, you should try restarting your PS5.
Restarting the console will eliminate any temporary errors/glitches occurring due to the old/corrupted cache.
So, here is how you can restart your PS5:
- Press the PlayStation (PS) button on your controller.
- From the menu shown, Select the Power option (right-most)
- From the small menu that will appear on the power icon, select the last option “Restart PS5”
- While your PS5 restarts, don’t unplug any cord to avoid any hardware failure.
Here’s a supporting video to restart PS5 for your ease:
Solution 3: Update Your PS5 Firmware
Sony releases new updates regularly to remain up-to-date with upcoming bugs and issues users face either while playing Shadow Samurai Revenge or some random bugs.
It’s highly recommended to have updated PS5 firmware. You can enable automatic updates and check for them manually as well.
There are 2 ways to update PS5 firmware:
- Through USB
This way you would need to download the update over the internet into a USB which is an inconvenient way than PlayStation updating itself.
- Through Internet
PlayStation searches for an update itself, downloads it, and installs it for you.
By default, automatic updates are enabled, and in case you are not sure, here’s how you can check if there’s a new update available and how to enable automatic updates on PS5 too using PS5 UI.
NOTE: Make sure the PS5 is connected to the internet.
- From the PS5 homepage, access Settings from the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Go to System
- Click on System Software from the left menu and choose the second option: System Software Update and Settings
- From the 2 options, select Update Using Internet.
- Now, wait for the system to check for updates and if it’s updating don’t try to turn off your PS5. In this case, the PS5 was already up-to-date.
Your PS5 should be with its latest update by now, and you can try running Shadow Samurai Revenge to see if it’s still flashing display.
And if you want a video guide, here’s a quick video to update your PS5:
Solution 4: Adjust the 4K Video Transfer Rate
Inadequate 4K video transfer rate settings may also contribute to the flashing display on Shadow Samurai Revenge. To address this problem, consider adjusting your 4K video transfer rate settings
Just follow the steps:
- Go to PS5 Settings
- Select Screen and Video
- On the left tab select Video Output and on the right select 4K Video Transfer Rate.
- The 4K Video Transfer Rate default setting will be Automatic but you need to change it to -1 or -2.
- Test each option and see if it fixes your issue.
Solution 5: Disable HDR
Every PS5 comes equipped with 4K and HDR (High Dynamic Range) capabilities, which offer higher contrast and a broader range of colors and brightness compared to SDR (Standard Dynamic Range).
Nonetheless, the HDR feature may sometimes lead to Shadow Samurai Revenge screen flashing on the PS5. If you have activated this feature, follow the steps below to disable it
- Go to PS5 settings
- Then go to Screen and Video
- Select Video Output and Disable HDR
Solution 6: Lower PlayStation 5 Resolution
Incorrect resolution settings can also contribute to the PlayStation 5 flashing display. Some users have resolved this problem by reducing the console’s resolution. You might want to consider giving it a try as well.
- Go to PS5 Settings
- Select Screen and Video
- On the left tab select Video Output and then go to Resolution
- Now select a lower resolution of your own choice
Additional Tip: In the same Video Output settings you can also try changing the RGB range to either Full or Limited for the best fix
Solution 7: Switch to 60 FPS & Turn Off Performance Mode
While 120 FPS provides an enhanced gaming experience, there are instances when it’s more stable to opt for 60 FPS, especially if you experience screen flashing.
Here’s how to adjust your settings on PS5 for smoother gameplay:
- Launch PS5.
- Click the Gear icon on the top right of your PS5 home screen.
- Go to Save Data and Game/App Settings.
- Scroll down to Game Presets.
- Click on Performance Mode or Resolution Mode and Choose game Default
- Now launch Shadow Samurai Revenge and select the game mode in which you play.
- On the top right corner click on the menu icon.
- And select Settings > Video.
- TURN OFF 120FPS mode.
- Click Apply to stabilize your game on PS5.
This should consume fewer resources on your PS5, can potentially avoid overheating as well, and avoid screen flickering.
Solution 8: Rebuild PS5 Database
Rebuilding Database on PS5 allows the PS5 to sort out any issues related to its drive that are causing issues with your game.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep. This will boot your PS5 in Safe Mode.
- Connect the PS5 DualSense controller to a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- It may take a moment to display Safe Mode options. Select option 5: “Clear Cache and Rebuild Database“
- Select the second option: “Rebuild Database“
- Wait for the process to complete and your process will boot back.
This usually doesn’t take much time and here’s a demo video where we rebuild the database on our PS5 taking less than a minute and making it feel faster too.
Solution 9: Contact PS5 Support
If none of the above solutions work for you then there might be a chance that your PS5 has issues.
You can visit the PlayStation Official Website to get it repaired and choose the relevant issue which in your case would be according to screen flashing.
Make sure you tell all the solutions you have applied to your console and let them know the issue you are facing is due to Shadow Samurai Revenge. This will help the support agent to identify the main reason for this error. They should reply to you ideally within 24 hours and if you don’t get any reply within 2-3 days, then you might need to make another support ticket.
In conclusion, encountering screen flickering, tearing, or flashing while playing Shadow Samurai Revenge on your PlayStation 5 can be a real inconvenience. However, by following the solutions we have discussed in this article, you can effectively troubleshoot these issues. Remember to check your HDMI cables and ports for any loose connections, restart your console, and keep your PS5 firmware up to date.
Adjusting the 4K video transfer rate, disabling HDR, and lowering the console resolution may also help resolve the problem. If none of these solutions work, don’t hesitate to contact PlayStation support for further assistance. Now, armed with these troubleshooting techniques, you can get back to immersing yourself in the thrilling world of Shadow Samurai Revenge with a flicker-free and enjoyable gaming experience!