Are you unable to open Nintendo switch?
Are you facing An Error Has Occurred on your Nintendo switch?
Don’t worry about it!
The CPU Guide brings you the best working solution to solve Nintendo Switch An Error Has Occured
Before heading to solution let’s answer some questions about Nintendo Switch An Error that Has Occurred
Why does my switch keep saying an error occurred?
This might be happed due to the outdated software in your console. So its recommends to check for new software updates and update your console to avoid An Error that Has Occured Nintendo Switch.
How do you clear the cache on a switch?
To clear the cache on a switch follow the instruction down below:
- Go to Settings
- Select System
- Now tap on Formatting Option
- Select Clear Cache
- Now you cahe will be cleared
Solution 1: Power Cycling Internet Router
Sometimes, a corrupted DNS cache may accumulate or other startup configurations in the router leading to Nintendo Switch An Error Has Occured
Therefore, at this step, you will completely clear this cache by turning the router off and on.
For how to fix Nintendo Switch An Error Has Occurred:
- Disconnect power from the router.
- Press and hold the power button of the router for at least 10 seconds.
- Connect the power and wait for the router to start.
- Try connecting to the game and see if the Nintendo Switch An Error Has Occured is fixed.
Read Also: Nintendo Switch Overheated
Solution 2: Check for Corrupted Data To Fix An Error Has Occured
Sometimes some software or game have been corrupted which eventually cause Nintendo Switch An Error Has Occured
. To prevent that we have to clear the corrupted data to solve Nintendo Switch An Error Has Occured
How do I remove corrupted data from a switch?
Here is how you can remove corrupted data from the Nintendo switch:
- Open the Nintendo Switch
- Go to Home Menu
- Select System Settings
- Scroll on the left menu
- Find and select Data Management
- On the right side Select Manage Software
- Now select the most recent software which gives you an error
- After that select Check for Corrupted data
- When you find the corrupted data then delete that software/game
- After uninstalling the game/software
- Go to the eshop
- Find the Game/software
- Select ReDownload
- Select the could icon to re-download the game and software
- Now enjoy the Game
If this solution is still no help then proceed to the next solution
Solution 3: Check For Active Internet Connection to Fix An Error Has Occured
Make sure your console is connected to an actual and active internet connection or else you won’t be able to download any game.
Here’s what you need to do to fix An Error Has Occured on Nintendo Switch:
- Make sure your Nintendo switch is placed only 10ft apart from your Wi-Fi router.
- In the Home, menu selects the gear icon to go to System Settings.
- Now select Internet > Internet Settings and the switch will search for nearby WiFi signals.
- Next, choose your network name from the Wi-Fi list and connect to the internet.
- If your network name/Wi-Fi router name is not showing then move a bit closer to the router and search again by pressing the Y button on your Switch.
- Or you can re-enter the Wi-Fi password again.
- Go to the Home Menu and select User Settings.
- And scroll down to click Update Download Progress.
If the error still persists then proceed to the next solution
Solution 4: Hard Reset Your Nintendo Switch to Fix Nintendo Switch An Error Has Occured
What you need to do is hard reset or force reboot to overcome the Nintendo Switch An Error Has Occured
Just follow these steps to fix the Nintendo Switch An Error Has Occurred:
- Connect your AC adapter to your Nintendo Switch and wait for 15 to 20 minutes until the battery charges.
- Press and hold the Power button for at least 12 seconds
- Press the power button once to turn the console back on
- Now connect your Switch to the internet and the games will start to download
- Just be sure that you don’t run any other software on your console after the restart
Solution 5: Change to a Different Network to Fix An Error Has Occured
If you’re facing slow download issues on the switch, it could be related to the ports your router uses.
Some users reported facing Nintendo Switch An Error Has Occured when connecting to a particular network, such as their home Wi-Fi, but it goes away when they switch to a different network.
If you’re using your home or office network to play games, try switching to mobile data hotspot to see if not downloading games is solved.
If so, you may need to reconfigure your router’s ports.
Solution 6: Call Your ISP
The least you can do to solve the Nintendo Switch An Error Has Occured is to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
They will access that data which you can’t and will know what’s going wrong with your internet connection.
Moreover, tell your ISP to open the following ports:
- TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479
- UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152 ~ 65535
Hope all of the above solutions help you to solve An Error that Has Occured Nintendo Switch
Share your experience in the comment section down below.
How do you fix a Nintendo switch error?
There are multiple ways to fix the Nintendo Switch error but before applying any solution it’s recommended to restart the Nintendo Switch this will help you to eliminate any error or bug which is causing an error in Nintendo Switch.
How do I fix a corrupted game on a switch?
To fix the corrupted game you need to delete that game in order to avoid any bugs and errors in the future. When you uninstall the game restart the device and then reinstall the game and enjoy.
What does communication error mean?
The communication error occurs when the Nintendo server Is down and this indicates the player to try later or the communication is not possible right now.