As Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 Season 3 rolls out, many players are excited to jump into the new content and experience the updated gameplay. However, some PC gamers have encountered an issue where the game keeps crashing, hindering their ability to enjoy the latest season fully.
In this article, we will explore the possible reasons behind these crashes and provide you with effective solutions to resolve this issue. Follow along as we guide you through troubleshooting steps to get you back into the action and make the most of Call of Duty Warzone Season 3 on your PC.
Also Read: COD Warzone 2.0 DEV Error 657
There could be several factors contributing to Call of Duty Warzone Season 3 crashing on your PC. Here are some possible causes:
- Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers: Graphics drivers play a crucial role in the performance of any game, and outdated or corrupted drivers can lead to crashes and other issues.
- Insufficient system resources: If your PC doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements for Call of Duty Warzone, the game may crash due to a lack of resources or inadequate hardware support.
- Overheating: Overheating can cause your PC to throttle performance or shut down unexpectedly, leading to game crashes.
- Software conflicts: Conflicts between the game and other software, such as antivirus programs or other applications running in the background, can cause the game to crash.
- Game files corruption: Corrupted or missing game files can lead to crashes and other in-game issues.
Solution 1: Restart the PC
When you experience the game crashing on your PC or any bug in your game, it’s recommended to start by restarting the computer before attempting any other fixes. This is because restarting the computer can resolve any temporary errors caused by outdated cookies and cache or conflicts with other software on your system. Simply restarting the PC
Solution 2: Close Unwanted Programs on PC
If there are too many programs running in the background, using too much internet/RAM/Disk can cause Call Of Duty Warzone Season 3 Keeps crashing on PC on Windows 11.
Closing unwanted programs will help you eliminate the crashing issue on your PC.
So, let’s close unwanted programs:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Network
- Right-click on that program and select End task
- And check if the crash is solved or not.
Solution 3: Run the Application as Administrator
Running the program as an administrator will definitely help you eradicate the Call Of Duty Warzone Season 3 Keeps crashing on PC as it might lack the privileges required to run the Application.
To solve the issue of the game crashing, running the program as an administrator could be a helpful solution as it may not have the necessary privileges to run the application. By granting administrative access to the program, you can ensure that it has all the necessary permissions to operate and potentially resolve any errors causing the game to crash.
Here is how you can run the application as an administrator:
- Go to the file/ folder.
- Then go to the Game Launcher/Steam client.
- Right-click on the Launcher icon
- A menu will open
- Select “Run as administrator“
Now the program will start running smoothly without giving you the error “Call Of Duty Warzone Season 3 Keeps crashing on PC“
The above solution is a temporary fix which helps you run the program or access folder. If you want to run the program permanently on administrator, then follow the next solution to solve Call Of Duty Warzone Season 3 Keeps crashing on PC Issue.
Solution 4: Run the Program as an Administrator (Permanently)
When running a program or application on a Windows computer, there may be times when you need to give the program administrative privileges in order to access certain features or settings. However, simply right-clicking on the program and selecting “Run as administrator” may not always be enough, as you may need to grant these privileges permanently to avoid constantly repeating the process.
In this case, you will need to take some additional steps to ensure that the program always runs with administrative privileges, even if you forget to explicitly select this option. In this solution, we will walk you through the process of running a program as an administrator permanently, so that you can gain the access you need without any extra hassle.
- Go to the folder/Application
- Right-click on it
- A menu will open
- Select Properties
- A new window will open
- Navigate to the “Compatibility Tab“
- Under the Settings heading
- Find “Run this Program as an administrator“
- Check the box for this option
- Click “Apply“
Now your program successfully Runs as an Administrator on Windows (Permanently) and you can easily open the program without repeating the steps again and again.
If you still facing errors then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 5: Update Graphics Card Driver Via Windows Update
Updating your graphics card driver is an important step in ensuring your computer is running smoothly and efficiently. With the latest driver updates, you can improve your system’s performance, fix any bugs, and enjoy new features. In this solution, we will be showing you how to update your graphics card driver using Windows Update, a simple and straightforward method for keeping your drivers up to date. So, let’s get started!
Here is how you can update drivers via optional updates on Windows 11:
- Click on the Windows icon
- Click on the Settings icon
- A new window will pop up
- Select Windows Update from the left menu
- The new window will pop up
- Now select Advanced options
- Click on Optional updates
- A new window will open
- Click on the drop-down button for Driver updates
- Now, select your desired drivers
- Now press the Download & Install button
If you cannot update your drivers through Windows Update, then you can try updating the Graphics Drivers through Device Manager to fix the Call Of Duty Warzone Season 3 that Keeps crashing on PC.
Solution 6: Update Graphic Drivers Via Device Manager
Updating your graphics card driver is essential for ensuring optimal performance and compatibility with the latest software and games. Updating your graphics card driver can be done via the Device Manager in Windows and is a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few steps.
Here is how you can update drivers through Device Manager:
- Click on the Search icon
- Type Device Manager
- Click to open Device Manager
- Then select the Display adapters
- A further menu will open
- Right-click on the graphic card name
- Click on the Update driver
Solution 7: Check for Driver’s Updates of GPU/Video Cards of Different Company
An issue that can cause crashes in Call Of Duty Warzone Season 3 is outdated GPU drivers. When the video card drivers are not up to date, the GPU cannot keep up with modern gaming and may cause crashes. To resolve this, we suggest updating the video card drivers. Direct links to the main GPU manufacturers can be found below.
If the above solution didn’t work out for you, then try the next solution.
Solution 8: Verify the Game Files On Steam
Sometimes the game file will get corrupted or get deleted, which eventually causes a Keeps crashing on PC issue on the Call Of Duty Warzone Season 3 on PC.
Verify the Game File in Steam
Follow the steps to verify the game file on steam software:
- Launch the Steam Software
- Now login in the steam
- Navigate to the library
- Select the game and right-click on the game
- Now select properties
- Now click on the “Local file” Option
- A further menu will open
- Click on the “Verify Integrity of the Game Cache“
- Now the software is verifying the files, and this will take some time.
Sometimes the game file will get corrupted or get deleted that eventually causing a Keeps crashing on PC issue on steam.
Solution 9: Perform a Clean Boot
If you’re experiencing issues with your computer like slow performance or unexpected crashes, it could be due to conflicting applications running in the background. A clean boot can help you start your computer with only essential services and drivers needed to run the operating system, helping you identify any conflicts or issues caused by third-party applications or services.
To perform a clean boot follow the steps down below:
- Press Windows Button + R Key
- The Run Dialogue Box will appear
- Type “MSConfig“
- Press Enter
- The System Configuration window will open
- Select Services tab
- Uncheck all the unnecessary services
- Only check those you need now
- Now click OK
If the error persists, proceed to the next solution to solve the crashing issue on the PC.
Solution 10: Disable Antivirus Software
In some cases, the third-party antivirus software installed on a computer may prevent the game Call Of Duty Warzone Season 3 from running correctly.
So, you need to disable the antivirus for a few minutes to check if the antivirus is causing Keeps crashing on PC issue on Call Of Duty Warzone Season 3.
In order, to disable the antivirus follow the step below :
- Select the arrow button on the taskbar a Small menu will open.
- Then click left on the Avast antivirus icon.
- The setting menu will open and select “Avast shield control“
- In a further menu, you will select the “10 minutes option“
- Now restart the game.
If the issue persists then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 11: Change the Power Settings
Power settings are an essential aspect of any modern computer’s performance optimization. When your PC’s power plan is set to the Balanced option plan, it may provide less power to a game, which can cause game lag or game crashes on startup.
Whether you’re using Windows, macOS, or any other operating system, adjusting power settings is crucial to ensure optimal performance and energy usage. In this guide, we will discuss how to change power settings on your computer and help you optimize your PC’s power usage to suit your needs and prevent the Call Of Duty Warzone Season 3 Keeps crashing on PC issue.
How do I change power settings in Windows 11?
- Go to the Control Panel
- Select the View option “Large Icon“
- Now find “Power Options” and click on it
- Choose your Power Plan “High Performance“
- If there is no other option expect a “Balanced “
- Then navigate to the left menu
- Select “Create a power plan“
- A new window will open
- Select the power plan to “High Performance“
- And click on Next
- The new power plan is available.
Is there a specific reason my Call of Duty Warzone Season 3 keeps crashing on my PC?
There could be multiple reasons for the game crashing, such as outdated drivers, insufficient system requirements, third-party software conflicts, or corrupted game files.
How do I know if my PC meets the system requirements for Call of Duty Warzone Season 3?
Check the game’s official website or the platform you purchased the game from (e.g., Steam,) for the minimum and recommended system requirements.