Are you frustrated with your gaming experience in 7 Days to Die on PC? Do you find the game lagging, stuttering, freezing, or even locking up? Are you facing issues with multiplayer or co-op modes? If so, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we will explore some solutions to these common problems. By following these simple steps, you can improve your gameplay and have a smoother experience in 7 Days to Die.
Solution 1: Check Your Internet Connection for any Issues
To fix frozen Loading Screen on 7 Days to Die, it’s important to examine your internet connection.
Here are 5 steps to troubleshoot any connection issues:
- Check Wi-Fi signal strength: Move closer to your Wi-Fi router ensuring the connection is not unstable.
- Test internet speed: Use a reliable tool like SpeedTest.net to measure your internet speed. If the speed is slow or below the recommended requirements for 7 Days to Die, contact your internet service provider to address the issue.
- Restart your networking devices: Turn off your Wi-Fi router and cable modem, then wait for a few seconds(20) before turning them back on.
- Minimize bandwidth usage: Make sure no other devices or applications on your network are consuming excessive bandwidth while playing Diablo 4.
- Consider a wired connection: If possible, connect your gaming device directly to the router using an Ethernet cable. Wired connections tend to be more stable and reliable for online gaming.
If these connection fixes don’t work, you can try resetting your network settings on Windows 11 to potentially address coop not working issues.
Solution 2: Clear DNS Cache and Data on PC
DNS translates website names into computer-readable IP addresses. Windows 11 stores DNS data to speed up website access, but this cache can become outdated or corrupted, causing issues.
Clearing the cache forces your computer to get the most recent data from DNS, fixing issues with website access or slow browsing.
Here’s how to clear DNS cache?
- Click on the Windows start icon in the bottom left corner.
- Then press the Windows key + R.
- The Run box will appear.
- Type cmd, and click on OK.
- Then on the cmd window, enter the following commands: (Note: Type the following commands, and hit Enter after every command)
- Close the window.
Solution 3: Update 7 Days to Die
For critical errors like coop not working, publishers release updates for an optimized and smooth gaming experience. It’s wise to check for any update released before troubleshooting other possible issues.
Playing with outdated versions can also lead to technical glitches, compatibility issues, or even missing out on new content. Here’s how to keep any game updated using its dedicated launcher:
Open the Game Launcher and from its settings locate “Update” Options. Either enable automatic updates or do a manual update if there are any. Restart the Launcher and check if you are still facing freezing.
Solution 4: Close Intensive/Unwanted Programs Or Settings
Your game/PC can be set to maximum performance, try running the game on lower settings to consume fewer resources. This can include:
- A lower resolution(From 4k to 1080p or 1080p to 720p)
- A lower frame rate (try playing at 60Hz)
Closing unwanted programs will help you eliminate the hanging issue on your PC as your game would be able to get the required resources from Windows.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC keys to open Task Manager
- Now check which program is using more Resources, usually indicated by a darker background
- Right-click on that program and select End task
Now check if the stuttering is solved or not.
Solution 5: Try Enabling/Disabling VPN while playing 7 Days to Die
Still running into coop not working error on Windows 11/10?
If you’ve got a VPN on, try turning it off to see if it makes a difference. If it’s off, switch it on and check again. But heads up! Don’t jump between too many regions; you don’t want to get blocked.
Remember, the right VPN can be a game-changer.
Solution 6: Add Game Exceptions on Antivirus PC
Sometimes antivirus thinks game files are bad guys and stops them, causing the freezing.
To fix this, tell your antivirus that 7d2d files are cool by adding them to the “exceptions” list. This way, you can play without the antivirus messing things up!
Follow the steps below to add an exception on Antivirus (This guide is for Avast, and would be similar for other antiviruses):
- Launch Avast on your PC.
- Select Menu at the top-right corner of Avast.
- Choose Settings from the menu.
- From the left sidebar, choose General > Exceptions
- Click ADD EXCEPTION and then type the URL you want to add to it.
- Click ADD EXCEPTION to save the URL and check if you can access the URL
If you are still facing Avast Blocking Websites, continue to the next solution.
Solution 7: Check if Windows or Any Driver is Outdated
Sometimes compatibility issues can be a reason for continuous 7 Days to Die multiplayer issues on Windows 11.
Often, it’s all about the updates. First off, head to your Windows settings and see if there’s an update waiting. While you’re on this updating spree, dive into your device manager and update your Wi-Fi drivers and update graphics drivers making sure they are on the latest versions.
These updates can make a big difference, fixing a lot of errors.
Solution 8: Contact 7d2d Support
Tried everything and that game error’s still bugging you?
As a last resort, head to the 7 Days to Die’s official website and click ‘Support’ or ‘Contact’. Send them an email, jump into live chat, or post in their official forums.
Share what’s happening and any error messages. Remember to double-check you’re on the official site. Sometimes, reaching out is the best way to get back to gaming!
Stay smart and game on!
In conclusion, dealing with lagging, stuttering, freezing, or multiplayer issues in 7 Days to Die can be frustrating. However, by following the suggested solutions and troubleshooting steps outlined in this article, you should be able to overcome these obstacles. Remember to check your internet connection, update the game, close unwanted programs, and consider making game exceptions on your antivirus. If all else fails, don’t hesitate to reach out to the support team for further assistance. Now, go ahead and enjoy your gaming experience in 7 Days to Die without any hindrance!